Thursday, November 27, 2008

And Even Without the Tablecloth...




Thanksgiving is my new best day, but that may be the wine talking. We are stuffed to the rafters, have forgone the pumpkin pie for the time being and Mike and Dan have settled in for the night watching the cartoons of their youth on You Tube.

The sweet potato concoction was met with much applause. I liked the sweet potato bit but remain unconvinced about the marshmallows on top however the mixture of sweet and savoury on the plate worked well together. Lucky I guess as there are so many leftovers.

Anyway, I have games to play and wine to drink, for tomorrow, we will need our energy for 'Black Friday'. Despite the sinister name, it is the biggest sale of the year and despite the lack of funds, it would be rude to miss it. They are turning on the Christmas tree lights at Macy's too, which may prove to be too much excitment in the one day but I will try to pace myself. The festive season has officially begun. Then there is 'Cyber Monday' ( I know, it's crazy) which is for the people too lazy to move, or incapable I guess, to have their own sales online. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Mima said...

So glad that you enjoyed it, I would hate to think that I was responsible for ruining what would otherwise be a delicious menu!!

It all looks delicious, and I'm actually quite jealous that you got to taste the concoction that I have only been able to read about (I'm not sure that I can convince my carers to cook it purely on the basis that I want to taste it, and would not necessarily eat any more of it than that!!)