Monday, September 29, 2008

And while I am on the subject

of chocolate of course, a while ago I came across a cool blog which reviews chocolate. It's called Chocablog and I get the posts delivered to my in-box every day. It is a form of self torture in a sense as they review all sorts of things that I cannot possibly lay my hands on, but they also review Australian and American confectionery, so I thought that I may discover something worth looking into over here.

I call your attention though to the recent review of Hershey's Milk Chocolate as I really couldn't put it better myself. What really peeked my interest though was the vehemence in some of the pro-Hershey comments which some people left. It seems like a very divisive subject, some taking hatred of Hershey's as synonymous with hatred of Americans themselves.

At the Scharffen Berger factory tour (the tour which keeps on giving, 3 blog posts and counting), where we were the only non-Americans, when the guide revealed that in fact, Hershey had bought the Scharffen Berger company a couple of years ago, the panto-like boos and hisses rippled through the room together with the obvious shock, and not a little abhorrence. That could have just been my own feelings coming out though.

No comments: