Friday, September 26, 2008

No Photos and a Cut Finger

I have experienced a wealth of emotions today, but overall I am feeling splendiferous.

I have a bit of a cold coming and a sore throat which is making me feel nauseous. I watched an old lady fall over while I was on the bus and felt bad as I couldn't get off to help her out. I watched the window cleaners finally make an appearance at my building, only to find out that they will be circling the block anti-clockwise, which means that my windows will be cleaned last. I met an extraordinary man on the shuttle with enormous shoes and crazy big shades to cover normal glasses, who, when he asked me the time, could not understand me when I said that it was about ten past two. He understood two-o-seven though so I knew it wasn't my accent that threw him.

But, all of this meant nothing when I received the news; my younger brother 'passed' his embassy interview and is coming to America. More specifically, Santa Cruz, California, which is about 60 miles away. The best neighbour I could hope for.

To celebrate, I have booked a free tour of the Scharffen Berger chocolate factory for Sunday. It's not Cadbury's but it might be nice, and you get to wear a deli-counter net hat which we didn't get to do at the Bournville factory...

6 comments:

Mike said...

I've had the ten past problem too. I've discovered it's ten after two rather than past.

Mima said...

The chocolate factory sounds delicious, hopefully you will be feeling well enough that you want to go - great trip out though, and you say that the tour is free - bonus!!

Daniel Buscombe said...

well its half eleven here and I'd like to say that I'm thrilled to bits to be coming to america to see my big sis, and also to get a mention on the blog - my second!!! Big kisses to karen and all who follow her Dan x

blues singer said...

Dan - you do of course realise that prefixing your comment with "well its half eleven here" apropos of nothing means... well you know what it means.

And, with all your campery you have blown my disguise.. you just wait till you get here Dr Dan because there is going to be a whole heap of trouble. After all, with two Buscombe's in America, how couldn't there be.

Daniel Buscombe said...

when I leave a comment
when I leave a coment
when I leave a comet
when I leave a come
when I leave a ome
when I leave a me

ypednoy! ('hats my verification word, like a russian-yiddish salute to secure postings)

Two Buscombes in America?! There's loads - type buscombe into Skype and you'll find out. Damn Dave Gorman for getting there first - thats the problem with great novel ideas - you leave everyone else looking like a chump ...

so what's your favourite?

x

blues singer said...

I am not sure America is ready for you Dan. When I said 2 Buscombe's, I didn't mean merely people who share our name, I meant two BUScombes's. Notice the subtle distinction there?

By the way, you do realise this little chat is in public?