Friday, July 18, 2008

Challenge!

I like a good challenge. Many times I have indulged in the 'buy the worst gift possible for a fiver' game. When I lived in Leamington Spa (Warwickshire, UK), this pastime was made a whole lot easier because there was a Mosely Warehouse (the lack of punctuation here is deliberate - that costs extra). This sold the best worst-stuff in the world. I am still trying to find somewhere to better it. My best/worst gift so far has to be the English bulldog figurine, leg cocked, licking its doghood, which had been tastefully varnished, to suggest saliva.

Anyway, in the tradition of a nice good challenge, followed by a nice cup of tea and a sit down, I have decided to see how much touristy stuff I can stuff into this weekend for the minimum amount of money. Bear in mind, this city is expensive, and also bear in mind we have no furniture and are crying out for a nice sit down. Crying, literally.

I have this evening to plan and the weekend to execute. Cue more bad pictures.

2 comments:

Matilda's Mum said...

I think you're in need of a wonderland like Skansken (spelling?)

Mima said...

LOL blues singer, can't wait to see what you come up with!