Friday, July 25, 2008

Things I Learnt Today

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Sue enjoys art and skateboarding.
Georgette enjoys tropical getaways to the Bahamas, the Mexican Riviera and Hawaii.
Peter is very close to his identical twin brother.
When Richard vacations, he ditches the city and takes up outdoor adventure travel. [A thousand apologies for the turn of phrase, which I am sure you understand, is not mine.]
Rob enjoys woodworking, Renaissance Faires and coin collecting.
Shirley has a 2 year old son who is the pride and joy of her life.
Phillip is a shameless self promoter.
Shaun collects toy trains and anything to do with old cars.
Jill can place her leg over her shoulder.
Sarah is an avid stamp collector.
Nathaniel enjoys the great outdoors.
Pearl loves to kick back with a good book.
Colin is a gamer who enjoys video games of all sorts.
Michele has an intense fear of flying.
Daniel raises goldfish and finches.
Elizabeth enjoys spending time with friends and dancing.
Steve is an avid skydiver.
Fred loves watching football games at home.
Hermione is a social butterfly.
Ron is a sports fanatic.
Ethel has a 2 year old daughter who is the sunshine of her life.
Harry will never turn down a nice bowl of gumbo.

I have drawn many conclusions from my findings; some of which I will share:

A 2 year old child enriches your life immensely.
Summing yourself up in a sentence sometimes is misleading, sometimes is all you need to get the measure of someone.
I need to get more hobbies, but I am not alone in this.
Most people in my list smile with their teeth.
My name picking ability is lacking and I had to resort to Harry Potter characters more frequently than is good for someone of my age.

Blues is quite frightened about going outside now.

1 comment:

Mima said...

I thought that you did well with your name picking abilities!